Try to find the solution:
Loctite SF 7200-400 ml (agent for removing seals, adhesives, varnishes)
Files to download:
LOCTITE SF 7200 is designed to aid removal of cured chemical gaskets by softening the gasket material on the flanges, eliminating excessive scraping. Once applied, the product develops a foam-like layer on the gasket, preventing it from running off the desired location, thus allowing it to work for the required duration. Typical applications include removal of all types of chemical gaskets from metal flanges. It is particularly suitable for removing gaskets from aluminum or other soft metal flanges where excessive scraping could easily lead to flange surface damage . It may also be used to aid removal of adhesives, baked-on grease or oil, built-up carbon deposits, dried oils, paint, varnish, etc. from metal flanges or surfaces.
Further information on the product can be obtained from the local technical department: email@example.com
Steps to achieve the best adhesive results:
1. Protect painted surfaces thoroughly from over-spray, as LOCTITE SF 7200 will attack the paint.
2. For best results, hold can upright, 20 to 30 cm away from gasket area or surface and spray onto the flange or surface, the heavier the coat the better.
3. Allow 10 to 15 minutes to soften the gasket, for siliconegaskets allow 30 minutes.
4. Remove gasket with soft scraper and wipe flange orsurface clean, repeat procedure if necessary.
5. Before application of new gasketing material, it is essential to clean the flange or surface with appropriate solvents such as LOCTITE 7063.
The product is classified as flammable and must be stored in an appropriate manner in compliance with relevant regulations. Do not store near oxidizing agents or combustible materials. Store product in the unopened container in a dry location. Storage information may also be indicated on the product container labelling. Optimal Storage: 8 °C to 21 °C. Storage below 8 °C or greater than 28 °C can adversely affect product properties. Henkel cannot assume responsibility for product which has been contaminated or stored under conditions other than those previously indicated. If additional information is required, please contact your local Technical Service Center or Customer Service Representive.
- Chemical type: mixture of aliphatic glycol ethers, hydrocarbons, surfactants and methyl ethyl ketones
- Color: colorless
- Smell: pungent
- Specific density, g/ml: 0.88
- Flash point (CC), °C: -17
- Solubility in water: insoluble
Full technical information can be found in the technical data sheet.