Try to find the solution:
LOCTITE 572 is designed for the locking and sealing of metal pipes and fittings. The product cures when confined in theabsence of air between close fitting metal surfaces and prevents loosening and leakage from shock and vibration. The thixotropic nature of LOCTITE 572 reduces the migration of liquid product after application to the substrate. Further information on the product can be obtained from your local technical department: firstname.lastname@example.org
Steps to achieve the best adhesive results:
1. For best results, clean all surfaces (external and internal) with a LOCTITE 7063 cleaning solvent and allow to dry.
2. If the material is an inactive metal or the cure speed is too slow, spray with activator LOCTITE 7471 or LOCTITE 7649 and allow to dry.
3. Apply a 360° bead of product to the leading threads of the male fitting, leaving the first thread free. Force the material into the threads to thoroughly fill the voids. For bigger threads and voids, adjust product amount accordingly and apply a 360° bead of product on the female threads also.
4. Using compliant practices, assemble and wrench tighten fittings in accordance with manufacturers recommendations.
5. Properly tightened fittings will seal instantly to moderate pressures. For maximum pressure resistance and solvent resistance allow the product to cure a minimum of 24 hours.
1. Remove with standard hand tools.
2. Where hand tools do not work because of excessive engagement length or large diameters (over 1"), apply localized heat to approximately 250 °C. Disassemble while hot.
FOR CLEAN UP:
1. Cured product can be removed with a combination of soaking in a LOCTITE 7200 solvent and mechanical abrasion such as a wire brush.
Store product in the unopened container in a dry location. Storage information may be indicated on the product container labeling.
Optimal Storage: 8 °C to 21 °C. Storage below 8 °C or greater than 28 °C can adversely affect product properties.
Material removed from containers may be contaminated during use. Do not return product to the original container.
Henkel Corporation cannot assume responsibility for product which has been contaminated or stored under conditions other than those previously indicated.
- Strength: medium
- Viscosity: high
- Specific Gravity (25 °C) : 1,25
- Time to get full strength (25 °C):
-Steel : 48 hours
-Brass : 24 hours
-Zinc dichromate : 72 hours
- Time to obtain initial strength (25 °C):
-Steel : 9 hours
-Brass : 2 hours
-Zinc dichromate : 9 hours
- Breakaway Torque, IS0 10964, Nm : 7
- Prevail Torque, DIN 54454, Nm : 20