Try to find the solution:
Loctite 454 - 20 g (instant adhesive, gel)
Files to download:
LOCTITE 454 is designed for the assembly of difficultto-bond materials which require uniform stress distribution and strong tension and/or shear strength. The product provides rapid bonding of a wide range of materials, including metals, plastics and elastomers. The gel consistency prevents adhesive flow even on vertical surfaces. LOCTITE 454 is also suited for bonding porous materials such as wood, paper, leather and fabric. Further information on the product can be obtained from the local technical department: firstname.lastname@example.org
Steps to achieve the best adhesive results:
1. Bond areas should be clean and free from grease. Clean all surfaces with a LOCTITE 7063 cleaning solvent and allow to dry.
2. To improve bonding on low energy plastic surfaces, LOCTITE 770 Primer may be applied to the bond area. Avoid applying excess Primer. Allow the Primer to dry.
3. LOCTITE 7455 activator may be used if necessary. Apply it to one bond surface (do not apply activator to the primed surface where Primer is also used). Allow the Activator to dry.
4. Apply adhesive to one of the bond surfaces (do not apply the adhesive to the activated surface). Do not use itemslike tissue or a brush to spread the adhesive. Assemble the parts within a few seconds. The parts should beaccurately located, as the short fixture time leaves little opportunity for adjustment.
5. LOCTITE activator can be used to cure fillets of product outside the bond area. Spray or drop the activator on the excess product.
6. Bonds should be held fixed or clamped until adhesive has fixtured.
7. Product should be allowed to develop full strength before subjecting to any service loads (typically 24 to 72 hours after assembly, depending on bond gap, materials and ambient conditions).
Store product in the unopened container in a dry location. Storage information may be indicated on the product container labeling.
Optimal Storage: 2 °C to 8 °C. Storage below 2 °C or greater than 8 °C can adversely affect product properties.
Material removed from containers may be contaminated during use. Do not return product to the original container.
Henkel Corporation cannot assume responsibility for product which has been contaminated or stored under conditions other than those previously indicated.
Cure speed depending on the material
- Steel : 30 to 60 s
- Aluminum : 2 to 10 s
- Zinc dichromate : 10 to 20 s
- Nitrile rubber : < 5 s
- ABS : 2 to 10 s
- Neoprene : < 5 s
- PCV : 2 to 10 s
- Polycarbonate : 10 to 40 s
- Phenolic : 2 to 10 s
- Steel (grit blasted) : 22 N/mm²
- Aluminum (etched) : 15 N/mm²
- Zinc dichromate : 7 N/mm²
- Polycarbonate : 12 N/mm²
- ABS : 13 N/mm²
- PCV : 13 N/mm²
- Phenolic : 10 N/mm²
- Neoprene : 10 N/mm²
- Nitrile rubber : 10 N/mm²
- Steel (grit blasted) : 18,5 N/mm²
- Buna N gum : 10 N/mm²
Full technical information can be found in the technical data sheet